INSIDE THE HOME
· Reduce energy consumption as power companies use water to produce electricity.
· FIX any and all leaks.
· Refrigerate water for consumption.
· Refrigerate or microwave to defrost food, do not use water.
· Reduce dish washing. Scrape food from plates or pans before placing in
dishwasher to avoid pre-wash or pre-rinse cycles. Wash full loads only.
· Do not use kitchen sink disposals.
· Reuse clean cooking water for outdoor watering.
· Do not use toilets as trash cans, flush only when necessary.
· Cut water off when brushing teeth or shaving.
· Shower, don’t bathe.
· Install ultra low fixtures and commodes.
· Wash full loads of laundry.
· Sweep, don’t mop.
OUTSIDE THE HOME
HOW MUCH DO WE USE---
Brushing teeth-1 gal.; Drinking 1/2 gal.; Flushing toilet 2-7 gal.; Washing dishes 9-20 gal.; Washing clothes 30 gal.; Taking a shower 1-4 gal.; Taking a bath 7-15 gal.; Watering the lawn 30-100 gal.
Water is life!!